Saturday, March 27, 2010

Oui, oui, oui, all the way home...

Contrary to popular belief, French pigs go oink, oink and not oui, oui (pronounced wee, wee). I had the chance to travel to France (and Germany for 1 1/2 days)  for a few days to look at pigs. Since no one has given me any content yet for the blog (although it's only been approximately 9 hours since it was created), I thought I'd share a few pictures from France. Let me start by saying I was in heaven! I will spare you the hundreds of pig pictures and focus on the scenery...



This first picture is a typical small town. We had to stop each morning before we got to a farm to have a small coffee. They really like their coffee time in France. The picture below is the first farm we went to and their homage to pigs.

The food was good for the most part. I especially enjoyed the 'schnitzel' in Germany, which is basically a fried pork tenderloin. I did not, however, enjoy looking at (much less partaking in) the raw beef/egg combination one of my French colleagues ate.




I can't post a blog about pig farms without showing you a few pigs. Here's a sow and her litter. I don't remember how many pigs were in this litter but the farm avereaged 14 pigs per sow per litter. Talk about a lot of pigs!


All in all, the pigs looked the same, smelled the same and sounded the same and I was in pig heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. What an exciting trip. We will call you the world traveler! Neat experience

    ReplyDelete